TSUTF District Audit Committee Convener Kondikoppula Ravi Presenting a petition to mandal center Deputy Tehsildar Vinay Kumar under the chairmanship of TSUTF District Audit Committee Convener as a part of School Teachers Federation of India (STFI) nationwide campaign seeking to solve the problems of schools and teachers in Telangana state.
The National Education Policy – 2020, which is being unilaterally approved and implemented by the Central Government, will undermine the spirit of the Constitution. States’ rights are limited and central power increases. Education becomes more commercialized and out of reach of common people. Disturbing religious harmony. So there is a need to announce that National Education Policy – 2020 will not be implemented in Telangana state. Similarly, the National Pension Scheme, which has become a bane for the social security of the families of employees recruited after 2004, should be abolished.
In order to provide quality education to the children, all the vacant posts in the school should be filled and additional teachers should be appointed according to the number of students. Sanitation management in school is a big problem. Gram Panchayat/Municipal staff services are inadequate. So we request to appoint service persons for sanitation management. Similarly, we want to immediate supply of textbooks and uniforms to the students and improve the quality of mid-day meals.
In this way STFI National Congress has decided to organize a nationwide campaign in the months of June and July to seek solutions to the problems of the education sector which needs to be solved at the national and state levels. In addition, we organized a protest program of teachers of Illanthakunta Mandal on June 29th 2022 under TSUTF in Telangana state. We request you to look into and take notice of the field level concerns and resolve the following issues as soon as possible.
1. State should reject NEP-2020 unilaterally implemented by Central Government. Efforts should be made for abolition at the national level.
2. NPS/CPS should be abolished in the state and old pension should be restored. Efforts should be made to abolish PFRDA at the national level.
3. Vacant posts in schools should be filled immediately through transfers, promotions and appointments.
4. Necessary additional teachers should be appointed for English medium teaching.
5. Temporary teachers (educational volunteers) should be appointed in the vacancies until new appointments are made.
6. Special staff should be appointed for maintaining sanitation in schools.
7. Contractual employees in Education Department should be regularized.
8. Contractual and outsourcing employees should be given equal pay for equal work.
9. Timely supply of textbooks and uniforms to all students.
10. Mana Uru – Mana Badi scheme should be implemented properly. The budget should be released according to the needs of the school.
11. Posts of Supervisory Officers (DEO, Deputy EO, MEO) should be sanctioned. To be replaced by promotions and appointments.
We would like the above issues to be resolved positively within time.
Model School Federation District President Bejagam Suresh, Mandal President Alleswaram Vamsi, Mandal General Secretary Somireddy Sudhakar Reddy, Teachers Lade Rajaiah, Madikanti Mallesham, Purushottam, Babu and others participated.