Food poisoning at Basra IIIT – 300 students seriously ill

Students of IIIT Basara of Nirmal district fell ill once again. The students fell ill after eating contaminated food today. It is reported that around 1200 students vomited and 300 students fell seriously ill. Those who vomited were kept in their respective hostel rooms and given pills. Those who fell ill are being treated in the hospital in IIIT. This matter is kept highly confidential. They are careful not to let the media know.

Education Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy ordered the director of Basara IIIT over phone to immediately move the students to hospitals and provide better treatment to the students who had food poisoning and also ordered the director to investigate and report immediately so  that immediate action will be taken against those responsible.