A case has been registered against 10 persons and two accomplices who fraudulently obtained Indian passports by fake SSC certificates as per the Crime No. 271/2022 u/s 420,467,468,471 r/w 34 IPC Sec: 12(1) (b) of Passport Act. The Vemulawada police have arrested a gang that was making passports with fake certificates and were committing illegalities and sent them to jail. In this regard, Vemulawada DSP Nagendra Chari held a press meet and said that the Vemulawada police have caught some gang members who were making passports with fake certificates for those who are going to other Gulf countries and were collecting huge amounts of money for that. In Vemulawada and Rajanna Sirisilla districts by making fake 10th class certificates money was collected by taking advantage of innocent people. They are charging very huge amounts by making fake certificates along changing age. 12 passports obtained through fake certificates were seized. Those 12 persons attached fake SSC memo certificates stating that they had studied SSC in schools like Z.P.H.S Vemulawada, Z.P.H.S Boinapalli and Z.P.H.S Chandurthi and applied to Indian Passports and got passports.
Six were accused who are helping in this and have been arrested and taken to remand. Some of the accused are in escape and they will be caught soon. The computer used to prepare the fake passport has been seized.
Details of arrested persons
- Pochampally Devaraju s/o Kanakaiah, 35 yrs/s, Laundress r/o Nampally (Passport Agent)
- Mohammad Mujahid s/o: Barkat Pasha, 35 yrs (Owner of online computer services shop from Vemulawada town)
- Salibandla Joseph Reddy s/o: Bhoji Reddy r/o: Tippapur
- Mohammed Babu Mia s/o: Saheb r/o: Vemulawada Town
- Muhammad Chand s/o: Salim r/o: Dundrapalli
- Erram Devender s/o: Sailu r/o: Dharmaram
The remaining criminals escaped
- Dagi Tirumal s/o: Chandram r/o: Dharmaram
- Manuka Ramesh s/o Chandraiah r/o: Konaraopet
- Vodnala Srinu s/o Narsaiah r/o Dharmaram
- Reddavena Chandram s/o: Ramaiah r/o: Dharmaram
- Gasikanti Prabhakar s/o: Rajamalaya r/o: Kishtampet
- Kommu Rajesh s/o Ramulu r/o Kistampet
Vemulawada town CI Venkatesh police and others have participated in this meeting and DSP Nagendra Chari specially congratulated the police personnel who cleverly caught the accused.